Weak immune system or immunodeficiency or immune compromise are all the same terms and defines the same state and that is the ability of the immune system to fight against cancer and infectious disease is lost or is completely over. There are many cases of immunodeficiency and the main reason that is observed is the extrinsic factors that affect the immune system of people. The extrinsic factors like HIV infection or other environmental factors like nutrition affect the immune system a lot.
There are some types of intake of drugs for the immunosuppression which are called steroids but this, in turn, affects the body in a very adverse manner or this can be done because for the recalling of the patient to the clinic for treatment. This can be explained with an example of the organ transplant which is an anti-rejection type and also by treating the patients suffering from an overactive immune system which is an autoimmune disease. There are some people who are affected by primary immunodeficiency or with some type of intrinsic defects in their immune system. Immunocompromised are the people who are affected by any kind of deficiency of the immune system in their body.
A person with a weak immune system catches opportunistic infections early as compared to the people with a normal or good immune system. The normal infection can affect both weak and normal immune system persons with the same frequency. The major sign of a weak immune system, it reduces the cancer immune surveillance, in these neoplastic cells is killed and the immune system scans the whole body cells.
Primary immune deficiency
Primary immune deficiency based diseases are caused because of the inherited issues of the immune system or can be immune system related problems that are genetically inherited from the ancestors. Acquired or secondary immunodeficiency are the problems of the immune system that are caused because of some external factors such as intake of immune-suppressing drugs or due to viruses. Diseases related to the primary immunodeficiency have the chance to increase with time and can cause pneumonia, sinusitis, ear infection, skin infection or bronchitis.
Immune deficient patients develop a puss inside their organs which keeps on realizing the water from it into the internal organs but this happens very less frequently. The problems like rheumatologic or autoimmune and the problems of gastrointestinal also happen.
Deficiencies because of primary immune
- Severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID)
- DiGeorge syndrome
- Common variable immunodeficiency (CVID): There is a decrement in the production of IgG in the body but the B-cell level remains the same all over the years.
- Hyper immunoglobulin E syndrome: This is also called a job’s syndrome.
- Wiskott- Aldrich syndrome (WAS)
- Chronic granulomatous disease (CGD): This is the disease that reduces the production of oxygen radicals and this is because of the enzyme named NADPH oxidase.
- Autoimmune lymph proliferative syndrome (ALPS)
- Leukocyte adhesion deficiency (LAD)
- Hyper IgM syndrome: This is a disease that causes the deficiency of CD40 ligand which is an X-linked disorder and responds to the T-cells. This causes an increment in the production and the release of IgM in the body.
- X-linked agammaglobulinemia: This is also known as Bruton type agammaglobulinemia. This stops the maturation of the B-cells which narrows the bone and is caused by the tyrosine kinase enzyme. This reduces the immunity of the body by not stopping the production of B-cells.
- Selective immunoglobulin a deficiency: This is caused because of the deficiency of IgA which is the common defect of the immunity of humans. This deficiency produces gastrointestinal infections and also repeating Sino-pulmonary.
Secondary deficiencies of immunity are
The signs of the immunodeficiency or weak immune system are:
- The body gets tired early after performing little tasks
- Catches diseases and infections early as compared to the other people
- It causes other problems in the body because of the weak immune system.
- The weakness of the body
- Cough and cold are maintained throughout the year and also there is little fever in the body.
- There is less effect of low medicines on the body to cure any problem and require a high dose of medicines.
- Every problem takes a long time to cure
- Less active towards any task
The weak immune system causes many problems in the private as well as in the professional life of a person. They spoil the task as the person gets tired after performing the little task. It also reduces the progress rate of the person in an organization and sometimes can spoil their career. The person with a weak immune feels feverish all the time due to which people avoid talking to that person to avoid problems with them. It not only spoils the professional life but also the personal life because of the weakness and the cold and cough. It also makes the person frustrated with life.