Often bodybuilders or health enthusiasts recommend adding meat, chicken, poultry and dairy products to the regular diet. So, the question arises that is chicken liver also healthy to be consumed regularly? Well, the answer to this would be a no because of multiple reasons. But first, you need to know that you can still eat around 80 to 80gms of chicken liver in a week.
Firstly, you need to understand that chicken liver is not considered red meat and is just organ meat, so you should not consume it as an alternative to chicken breasts or other meat substituents. According to chicken liver nutrition facts, it also has high protein levels, which comprises all amino acids, making it a complete protein source.
The Chicken Liver Will Fill You With Vitamin B
Chicken liver has 7 out of 8 types of vitamin B, making it a good source of nutrients for those who have Vitamin B deficiency. B vitamins directly control body energy levels; thus, if you feel low on energy regularly, you need to add more vitamin B to your diet. Types of vitamin B found in chicken liver and their significance is as follows.
- Vitamin B12, which is highly present in chicken liver, has its role in DNA and the nervous system. It is abundantly present in the liver, and a mere serving of 100gm of the chicken liver will fill you up with 287% of the daily requirement.
- Then there is vitamin B2 which helps absorb nutrients from the food that we eat and supports the breaking down of food into a soluble form.
- Vitamin B5 is also present in chicken liver, and it helps convert the nutrients like protein, carbs, or fats into energy for the body, and it also makes new blood cells.
- In order to function correctly, all parts of the human body require a nutrient called Niacin, and it is also generally termed vitamin B3, present in chicken liver.
- Vitamin B6 and B1 are also present in considerable amounts in the chicken liver, primarily responsible for using and storing energy derived from protein or carbs absorbed from food.
Low In Calories But High In Minerals And Nutrients
People argue that chicken liver is low in calories that make chicken breasts a better substituent, but this is only true until you are only concerned with the calories. Because chicken liver nutrition facts have a lot to present, it can easily defeat any animal food, but it is not mean to be consumed as an alternative.
Also, you will find vitamin C in organ meat like chicken liver which is weird and equally rare because it is generally found in citrus fruits only. Considering the mineral constituents, this organ meat is rich in selenium and a good source of iron, phosphorous, zinc, and few more metallic minerals. If you consume an adequate amount of chicken liver, you can enjoy various health benefits from this inexpensive organic meat source.